Sunday, July 15, 2012

Introductions

For nearly a decade, I have been utterly enamored of/obsessed with/ absolutely loving manga and anime, and everything that comes with it. For the first few years, it was fine for me to just read the manga or watch the anime.  Then I needed more; more of the characters, of the worlds-- this drive led me to discover fanart and fanfictions.

Eventually, even those did not give me the "fix" I needed-- I felt desperate and lost without being able to find more ways of interacting with my favorite anime/manga characters.  It was then that I came across the wonderful art form of "cosplay."  The whole process of completing a cosplay, from choosing the character, to sewing/crafting/creating, to finally wearing the outfit to a convention gives me a wonderful sense of accomplishment.  In my own weird way, the hours and blood, sweat, and tears (literally!) that I've put into the cosplays I have done make me feel that much closer to the characters and anime/manga.  

Cosplay has become one of my passions, probably stemming from the fact I love shopping, fashion, make-up, sewing, and crafting in general.  So, if you combine all of those with my nerdy, otaku side, the only reasonable outcome is cosplaying!

*~*~*

I started this blog to be able to share what I've learned about cosplaying, be it from working on my own cosplays or from other resources.  I also call it "Everyday Otaku" because while I am an "obsessed" fan of anime and manga and video games, it's hard to incorporate into everyday life one's love of anime and manga, especially in a small town in Montana, USA.  Thus, it's my goal to share ideas and projects I have that incorporate my favorite series into everyday life.  So please, learn and create with me by reading my blog! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment