Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Moka Akashiya

Hi everyone! I recently created a video makeup tutorial demonstrating the makeup I used for my cosplay of Moka Akashiya, from Rosario + Vampire.  It was one of the first cosplays I ever did, and while there are definitely things I would change now that I have learned more, I think it still turned out very well.

This cosplay was also done before I knew colored contacts were easily available for ordering online, so the video goes on to explain my interpretation of the eye makeup, and how I chose it to match Moka's coloring with her eyes and hair.  Watch the video below! Under the video, I'll list the products I used, and explain how I created the video :)





Products used (in order):
Revlon Photo-Ready primer
SheerCover duo concealer
Clinique perfectly real makeup
Clinique Touch Base eye primer
Coastal Scents 88 original palette
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof eyeliner in Emerald Shimmer
N.Y.C. white eyeliner
Clinique eyeshadow in Frosted Blossom
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Clinique Quick-Blush in Berry on Time
Clinique vitamin C lip smoothie in Pink me Up
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder


Video creating details:
All content was filmed and edited by yours truly :) I used iMovie for all the editing purposes.  Music is opensourced from http://opsound.org/artist/theorchestralmovementof1932/ .  The song is "Home" and you should totally check some more of their music out.

If you have managed to read this far, thank you so much! This is the first time I've ever filmed a tutorial and have talked straight for like 17 minutes straight, and to be honest I'm super nervous about putting myself out on the Internets in this format.  It was a good experience, however, and I had a lot of fun editing and putting the whole video together.  Depending on the feedback I get, there may or may not be more of these in the future, so let me know!

Sincerely,
Alycia

1 comment: