Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sakura-Con 2014! Post 3 of 3: More pictures!!

Greetings, everyone!

Ahhh I can't believe it has almost been a month since Sakura-Con 2014 has passed.  It still feels like it was just this past weekend.  I guess that means we are just this much closer to the next one, right? Lol.  Some people say I'm too optimistic, but I can't help it!

It goes without saying that I have a lot of "favorite things" about Sakura-Con, but when I say that seeing other cosplayers is one of my favorite things, I sincerely mean it.  As a fan, it's so fun to see people bring my favorite characters to life.  And as a cosplayer, I'm always interested in the methods other cosplayers use to do their cosplays.  

Unfortunately, when I'm in cosplay, I can't run around getting as many pics as I would like to get.  Fortunately, Brenton is a very understanding husband, and pulls double duty capturing pictures of Justin and I, and the other cosplayers at the convention.  Thanks so much, Brenton!

As for the batch of photos we got this year, I put little captions under the ones I know, and left the ones I'm not too sure about without caption.  Feel free to chime in if you recognize something I didn't.  Hope you enjoy them!


Adeptus Sororitas from Warhammer (Battle Sisters) 
League of Legends
League of Legends


League of Legends 
World of Warcraft (seemed outnumbered this year haha)
So this next batch of photos should be titled "We let Justin loose with the camera Saturday Night," ahem, "Late Night Sakura-Con hosted by Justin M." Brenton and I are so exhausted by the time the concert ends on Saturday that we usually call that bedtime.  But apparently, the nightlife of Sakura-Con is a whole different beast than the daytime.  I'm gonna need to learn to like energy drinks so I can join in the fun next year! Justin and Bob somehow had the energy to explore all of this, and captured photos of it!
Star Wars
Gundam!

Attack on Titan
Cool little explanation for this next photo- this year Sakura-Con had a little partnership with Dungeons&Dragons to have a campaign at the con this year, DM'd by none other than Matthew Mercer, the voice of Sinbad from Magi, among many other roles and talents.  Here he is hard at work.

Matthew Mercer
League of Legends
The rave!





Rave + Borderlands = ?? 
Cosplay chess


Well guys, thats it for this year! I had such a blast, as usual.  I'm hoping to make it to more conventions throughout the year, but in the meantime definitely keep coming back here for updates and ramblings.  I've set some pretty big goals for myself, and have a lot of new cosplays and photoshoots planned, so please look forward to that.

Any questions, comments, or concerns? As usual, I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to comment or seek me out on the Twitterverse, @whimsyAly.

See you soon!
-Alycia

No comments:

Post a Comment