Sunday, July 6, 2014

Update: Oops, June flew by!

Hello, friends and family of the interwebs!

Wow, June sure passed in a hurry!  It feels like I blinked and it passed.  I know I crammed a lot of stuff into June, like visiting family for a week, spending time with friends and coworkers, and making time for myself and my husband.  It also possible I may have rediscovered Magic: The Gathering, and have spent a great majority of the past two weeks collecting cards and playing games, but I will plead the fifth on that matter, haha! That all said, I really enjoyed myself through all of it, and I feel more rejuvenated for it!

I haven't been totally slacking off; I just haven't been broadcasting it in my blog, oops! So instead of rambling on, I'm gonna make a list of things I've been up to, and ideas floating through my mind.

1) Made a deviantART account for Heart and Soul Cosplay.  For those who don't know, deviantART is an online community for any sort of artist.  I like how accessible and easy to navigate their gallery layout is, compared to Blogspot for example, hence the duplicity.  I only have one gallery up right now, of my Erza cosplay, but I will definitely add more.  Here is a cute little link to take you to the Heart and Soul Cosplay profile:  http://heartandsoulcosplay.deviantart.com/

2) Pre-registered to go to KuroNekoCon in Spokane!  This is "Spokane's Premier Anime Event."  I also attended last year and had a great time, so am really looking forward to going again.  And while I've started a new cosplay (more on that later,) this con is only a month away and I don't think it is feasible for me to be able to finish a brand new cosplay in that time frame.  I think for this year, I will wear my Winry cosplay again.  It's fun, its easy to wear, and I still loooove Winry and Fullmetal Alchemist so I think I have made a good choice.

3) Did a proper photoshoot with my Winry cosplay! I will make a post with the photos soon; Brenton captured some good ones!  All my photos of Winry before have been from Sakura-Con and were rushed photos, so it was great to take our time getting some photos in.

4)  I think I may have said this before, but my next cosplay is going to be Kiichi from Karneval.  See the Google search results here: click! The manga and anime for Karneval are super pretty, and I'm excited to cosplay Kiichi because I think she is a fun character, and the cosplay will be a new challenge for me.  Plus I've always wanted to cosplay a character with a scythe, and have blue hair, so this all just lined up!  In fact, tonight I dyed the fabric to start making her dress, and getting that done was the only thing impeding my progress before, so I should be able to move pretty quickly now.  Yay!

5) I've been brainstorming and planning out an original costume/cosplay design.  I'm trying to keep it all a bit of a secret, because I might start selling some of the props I make for it in a store, but the designs I've been drawing out are pretty awesome and I am incredibly excited.  I want to drop a hint for you guys, but then I might spoil it! So we will see how long my self control lasts, hahaha!

6) Been seriously thinking about making a Facebook page for Heart and Soul Cosplay.  Right now, I only put the updates on my personal Facebook, but I feel like I'm spamming all my friends and family on there too much.  I mean, cosplay is what I'm passionate about and thats what excites me and makes me want to post something on Facebook, so maybe I should create a separate Facebook page for it?  Would anyone reading this want to like my Facebook page? Do you think I should go for it? I would really love to hear from everyone on this, so feel free to comment below, or tweet at me or email me.

Anyways, I think that is all I have to say for now.  Sorry there are no pictures this time, but I will have more pictures to post soon.  If you made it this far, thanks so much for taking the time to read this.  I would also super appreciate any input on making a Facebook page, so don't be afraid to tell me what you think!  I hope everyone has an awesome week, and please keep an eye out for more updates!

Sincerely,
Alycia
@whimsyAly
heartandsoulcosplay@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment