Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Season's Greetings, everyone!

I know the holidays have mostly passed, but I hope they went well for everyone.  My own were very peaceful and simple, which is all I could ask for.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing for New Years Eve yet, but it would be nice to do something out of the ordinary.  Normally I just stay at home, but if Brenton and I decide to go out it would be very nice.

As far as cosplaying progress goes, this past month wasn't very productive.  The wigs for Justin's and my Magi cosplay came in-- scored a good deal at Arda Wigs' Black Friday sale.  I spent most of the month sewing and knitting Christmas gifts.  I made animal hats for everyone using a Simplicity pattern. I was a little nervous because I am not that experienced in reading patterns, but it was surprisingly simple to follow! In fact, I liked it so much that I had to keep the first one I made for myself, and got more fabric from the store in order to finish everyone else's!

The hats turned out super cute!  I was a little afraid that everyone would think that the hats were too dorky, but everyone really seemed to like them, so I'm happy.  They are super warm and cozy.  The lining is blizzard fleece, and then the fur is polyester fake fur.  I did learn one big lesson from this whole project, however.   Fake fur is my new number one enemy.  It shreds, and shreds, and shreds! Once you sew it up and seal it, it stops falling into little bits.  But for three whole weeks, my entire craft room was covered in little fur bits.  No surface was left un-furred.  Nothing that the vacuum and a few sheets of lint roller couldn't fix, but dang it was annoying.

Since I worked so hard on the hats, I decided to have some fun taking pictures with the hat I kept for myself! I don't know, they might be goofy, but here goes~!
Serious picture is serious.

Gratuitous artsy photo with blurring (haha jk I just moved the camera as it was taking the photo)
Cutesy photo to show off the rest of the hat
Posing with the king of the jungle!
Showing the king who is boss!!




















I always try to make New Year's Resolutions.  I have some cosplay-related resolutions this year. One of them is to be a more consistent in blogging.  Another is to stop adding dumb captions to my photos (Ha! Unlikely!) What are some blog posts you would like to see? What are some of your resolutions for 2014?  I like to talk, so you can always hit me up on Twitter or comment below!

Best wishes for 2014!
-Alycia

No comments:

Post a Comment