Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 2014 Loot Crate

Hello everyone!

I hope things have been going well for everyone.  The past month was pretty busy for me, as I was finishing up Justin's and my own new cosplays that we debuted at Sakura-Con 2014 this past weekend.  It was awesome, we all had a blast, and I will blog about it and have pictures posted very soon, I promise!

Now, coming back to reality after a weekend of nerdy awesomeness is always rough, but this year my pain was eased by returning to work to find April's Loot Crate waiting patiently on my desk.  I'll tell you right now, I was totally stoked for this months theme, Dragons, because I have been completely obsessed with dragons longer than I have been obsessed with Hello Kitty, which is saying something.  I think I received the first dragon in my collection when I was 7 or 8, and my passion for them since has been undying.

I could go on about how much I love dragons forever, but thats not what you came to read! Instead, read about how much I loved this months Loot Crate!

First up, the Loot Crate exclusive Nord figure! What a cutie, er, ferocious little guy! His helmet is removable, his arms posable, and his weapons also are removable.  Loved that they included the (miniature) great-axe along with the sword, as the great-axe is usually my go-to weapon in Skyrim (still lamenting my lack of Elder Scrolls Online...) Anyways, here is a picture:


The next item I plucked out of my crate was the Game of Thrones mystery figure box.  I hopped on the Game of Thrones train a little later than most people, but it's one of my current favorite live-action shows.  I mean, DRAGONS!! How could I not like it??  It was with baited breath that I opened my box, because I reeeeeaally wanted a dragon figure.  And if you saw my recent Instagram post, you would know the answer to this, but I am thrilled to announce that my mystery figure was in fact the dragon Viserion!  I honest to goodness squealed out loud.  Take a peek at the cuteness:


Double dose of awesomeness this month in the form of two d20's!  The bigger the better? The big orange one is actually a stress ball.  Gonna keep it on my desk at work for those really tough phone calls.  And also to make crucial decisions, like where to eat for lunch or if I check my voicemail now or in 15 minutes, haha.  In all seriousness, you can never have enough d20's around.  Love it!


 I thought the Dragon Shield screen clean was a very unique addition to this month's box.  Being relatively new to Loot Crate still, I'm still not sure what to expect, but as always I am pleasantly surprised.  The screen cleaner works really well, although it is intended to be stuck to the back of your phone, but my deco, blinged-out phone case doesn't really allow for that.


Okay, we've spent most of this blog post talking about how much I love dragons.  Truly, I'd rather befriend them than slay them.  No kidding, I have to mentally prepare myself in Skyrim before I go fight a dragon because I end up feeling bad for slaying it.  But the dragon slayer dog tag is pretty neat.  Again, a unique concept in my opinion.  I'm wearing it as I blog, actually! 


Last, but not least, the dragon jerky.  I'll admit, the green, powdery coating on the outside made me a little cautious.  But, for the sake of authentic blogging, I made my husband try it with me, and it was delicious! The right balance of tender and tough, with a savory flavor that wasn't overly salty.  I have a hunch that dragon jerky, if dragons did exist, would not be quite so succulent, but if it were I may just have to retract my previous statement about befriending rather than slaying dragons (I jest, I jest!)


So, in case I didn't make it clear, I loved this months Loot Crate.  It continues to surpass my expectations, and I always enjoy every part of it.  Not to mention, DRAGONS!!

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post.  Did you like this style of write up, or did you better enjoy last month's write up where I also filmed a video.  Talk to me in the comments, or send me a Tweet to let me know!  And  the Sakura-Con 2014 blog post is coming soon, so keep an eye out for that!

Take care!
-Alycia

No comments:

Post a Comment