Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 2014 Loot Crate

Hello everyone, hope your day is going great!

If I were to name a weakness when it comes to buying things, it is monthly subscriptions where you get awesome trial products mailed to you each month.  Usually, these are found for makeup products or food items.  Recently, I was introduced to Loot Crate.  Right off the bat I was interested, because when I am playing any sort of video or PC game, I have a serious looting problem.  No sparkle goes un-investigated, no garbage can unchecked.

Loot Crate brings all sorts of nerdy awesomeness to the table, as it is a monthly service where they deliver a handful of neat items to your door, with a perfectly-picked nerdy flavor.  I'm bummed I didn't know about it sooner, because it looks like there have been some killer crates in the past.  This was a good month to get started in, though, because the theme is "Attack on Titanfall" to commemorate the release of "Titanfall," and the hit manga/anime series "Attack on Titan."  I happen to be a big fan of both, so this was a great introductory box for me.

Watch me unbox it here (Caution for blonde moment right from the get-go, I struggle with the box!)



Here is a little more in-depth thoughts on some of the items, especially after reading the pamphlet I so carelessly tossed aside.

Titanfall T-Shirt:  Oh, wow! This is actually exclusive for Loot Crate, based on the shirt that was previously designed for the Titanfall development team.  Let me tell you right now, my husband is jeaaaalllous.

The taffy candy:  I had no idea why it was green, but upon reading the pamphlet, it was to celebrate St. Patricks day! Haha! It was yummy.

Lanyard:  Specially designed by the Loot Crate Labs with Respawn Entertainment.

Attack on Titan volume one:   This gives me a bit more chance to talk about Attack on Titan in general.  I've watched the anime and have caught bits of the manga online, so I'm excited to get the first book in print.  I do enjoy it, and while it may be a little cringeworthy at times due to the graphic nature of the series, its very intriguing and a good story in my opinion.  I don't know if I'll ever cosplay as anyone from this series, it's just not a costume design I'm interested in pursuing, but that doesn't detract from me enjoying the series overall.

Like I mentioned in the video, I'm very happy with this first Loot Crate experience, and can't wait for future ones.  Anyways, hope you enjoyed sharing this experience with me!

Until next time,
Alycia

1 comment: