Monday, March 10, 2014

Quick update: Recent cosplay tools

Hi everyone!

With SakuraCon quickly approaching, 38 days away as I type this out, I've been working pretty hard to finish up the cosplays I want to debut with Justin this year! Seriously, my crafting room looks like a tornado hit it. I know all the safe paths to navigate through my domain, but visitors beware! 

With each cosplay I make, there are definitely tools/ accessories that make a recurring appearance for the final result, such as wigs, contacts, or super glue. But with every new cosplay, there is always gonna be something new you need. These tools may be useful in the future, or you could use it once to finish your cosplay and then never touch it again.   Here is a quick pic of some of the tools I've picked up in the past week to finish this season's cosplays: 

So, here is the rundown, working from back row to front row. 
-A hair straightener- I need it to straighten  wig this year. Will I use it again? Highly likely.  
-A wig head, to hold my wig while I style it. 
-A power sander, oh yeeaaah! My father-in-law kindly bought this for me, and it will definitely come in handy for future projects. 
-Rub 'n' Buff, my magic go-to for metallic paint! 
-Colored contacts! Not only fun for cosplay, but fun to wear for occasional everyday wear. 

So thats what I've picked up recently! It may seem pretty mundane, but I get pretty excited about all this. 

Gotta get back to the grindstone, but I thought I'd let y'all know I'm still alive! 

XOXO, 
Alycia

No comments:

Post a Comment