Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quick Update: Morgiana's headdress

Hi there everyone! I hope you all are doing well.  I've been keeping myself consistently busy with my Morgiana cosplay.  In my last update, I had nearly finished the headdress for my Morgiana cosplay.  All I needed to do was add the fabric that drapes down from the back of the headdress to her mid-back.  Honestly, figuring out where the fabric started was the source of some frustration-- in the manga, the fabric seems clipped into her hair, whereas in the anime it is actually attached to her headdress.  So, I decided to have the fabric attach to the headdress for my cosplay.  Actually, throughout my research into this costume, there are several differences between the anime and manga versions.  When something like this happens, I will incorporate whichever features I like best.  

Here are a couple photos of the headdress:



I was overall pretty happy about how it turned out, but the length of fabric just seemed so.... un-glam compared to the rest of the headdress, so I decided to add a little bit of pizzazz.  Gold seed beads! I sewed them in groups of two along the bottom of the headdress to add just a hint of sparkle.  




I feel like the beads add a nice, subtle bit of glam to the fabric.  I didn't want to go overboard, but the rest of Morgiana's dance outfit has pretty trim along it so I thought the headdress' fabric deserved a little love.  They seem to show up okay, and I hope they will sparkle nice in the sunlight.  

I've been working hard on the rest of this cosplay and have made good progress, so check back next week for another update.  If you need me in the meantime, leave a comment below, hit me up on Twitter, or shoot an email to heartandsoulcosplay@gmail.com!

Until next time, everyone!
-Alycia

No comments:

Post a Comment